HP Officejet 4650 Fax Setup
The telephonic transmission of a printed document using the telephone number can be done by using the HP Officejet 4650 Fax setup function. This transmits transfers data from one device to the other, by just specifying the telephone number.
Steps for HP Officejet 4650 Fax Setup
- Use the telephone cord that came along with your printer. It is recommended to use original HP cords.
- Connect one end of the cord to the 1 Line port on your printer.
- The other end should be connected to the phone’s wall jack.
- To allow your telephone to record and answer calls, connect the cord to the 2 EXT port on the printer.
- Setup all the basic fax preferences and settings. You can also refer to the instruction manual to HP Officejet 4650 Fax setup.
- Choose the Fax or Setup icon on your HP printer. Now, you can change the Fax header, Answering mode, Ringing type, dialing type, Fax volume, etc.
- Try running the fax test to confirm the settings. Choose the Fax Test Report option to print the fax test.
How to Send Fax using HP Officejet 4650 printer
- Make sure the receiver side fax machine is turned On.
- Load the document on the printer’s Scanner glass or the Automatic Document Feeder.
- If you are loading the document on the scanner glass, the print side should face down. Your print side should face up if you are loading the file on the document feeder.
- Load some unused printing sheets, which will print the test report if any issue persists.
- While sending a fax, do not use the same phone line for other purposes. Dial the number with the area code to send the fax. If it has a country code, add the same. Enter the number with hyphens (-), and save it.
- You can send a fax easily by choosing the number from speed dial also. Tap the Fax or the Send icon to start the process. If you hear the busy tone while sending the fax, try again after some time.
- Wait until they accept your fax if the receiver’s voice is heard. If you hear normal sounds, then your fax has been sent to the destination successfully.
Resolve Common HP Officejet 4650 Fax Issues
- Check if you have downloaded all the necessary drivers for your HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- Establish a connection using the manufacturer’s cord, and check if you’ve connected it to the correct port.
- Print a fax test report, and check the cause of the issue.
- Verify if you have entered the number using the postal code country code, etc. Use hyphens in between the number that you want to the send fax using HP Officejet 4650 Fax setup.
- Check if you are able to hear a fax tone on your printer.
- If you’re using an answering machine, connect the cable to the 2 EXT port. Do not alter the ports while connecting your printer as it may cause an interruption while faxing.
- Reset your Officejet 4560 print environment, and try sending the fax.
- You cannot send the fax if the receiver is unavailable, or the fax machine is turned off.